How do I use the MackinVIA Reader to listen to digital audiobooks?
Mackin-hosted digital audiobooks will open in the MackinVIA Reader. While in the Reader, you can:
- View book information
- Access a linked list of tracks
- Bookmark tracks
- Rewind 30 seconds
- Skip or pause tracks
- Cite sources
The main menu contains:
- Close Book/Back to MackinVIA: Close the book and return to MackinVIA.
- Notebook: View a list of your bookmarks. Select an entry to be taken to that location in the book.
- Table of Contents: Access the track listing. Select a track to be taken to that location in the book.
- Book Info: View book information including title, author, publisher, date of publication, and audio length.
- Citations: View a bibliographic citation of the book.
There are several audio features available in the Reader. These features include:
- Play/Pause Button: Play or pause the track.
- Forward Button: Skip to the next track.
- Back Button: Skip to the start of the track or the previous track.
- Rewind Button: Rewind 30 seconds.
- Playback Speed Button: Change the playback speed. (Available in select devices.)
To add a bookmark to a track, click on the bookmark icon. Your bookmark will be saved to your Notebook within the title.
When you are finished with the book, select Close Book/Back to MackinVIA from the main menu to return to MackinVIA.